7-Day Dropshipping Challenge: Facebook vs TikTok
In this 7-day dropshipping challenge, the goal was to test and compare the effectiveness of Facebook and TikTok ads in promoting a brand new dropshipping store. The challenge aimed to determine which platform would yield better results in terms of driving sales and generating profit.
The challenge began with the selection of a product to be promoted. The chosen product was the "Nebe Cube," and six ad creatives were developed to be used on both Facebook and TikTok. The creatives focused on showcasing the product's benefits and usage in various aesthetically pleasing ways.
The dropshipping store was set up with a homepage, track your order page, frequently asked questions section, contact page, and product page. The product page featured images, social proof, key benefits, and pricing information.
Both Facebook and TikTok ad campaigns were launched with a budget of $100 per day. The Facebook campaign utilized dynamic creative testing and broad targeting, while the TikTok campaign had five broad ad groups to increase the chances of reaching the right audience. The same ad creatives were used on both platforms.
After the initial days of running the ads, the results were not as expected. The cost per click (CPC) was high on both platforms, especially on TikTok, where the click-through rate (CTR) was also low. However, there was a silver lining as the store received its first sale during this time.
Updates and Progress
Over the next few days, the results varied. TikTok ads continued to perform poorly, with a high CPC and low CTR. Facebook ads, on the other hand, had a better cost per result (CPR) and showed promise with eight purchases coming from one specific ad set.
In the end, when tallying up all the expenses and revenues, it was found that Facebook ads outperformed TikTok ads. However, the challenge resulted in a loss of approximately $1,300. This highlights the importance of having sufficient funds when running paid ads and underscores the benefits of starting with organic methods to test a product's viability.
- Facebook ads performed better than TikTok ads in terms of cost per result and conversions.
- Starting with organic methods can be a more cost-effective way to test a product before investing in paid advertising.
- Having a sufficient budget is essential when running paid ads to allow for testing and optimization.
- The challenge results emphasized the need to adapt and iterate strategies based on data and performance.
Dropshipping, Facebook ads, TikTok ads, ad creatives, product promotion, organic methods, paid advertising, cost per result, conversions, testing, optimization.
- What was the product chosen for the dropshipping challenge?
- Which platforms were used for advertising?
- How were the ad campaigns structured and budgeted?
- What were the initial results and progress over the 7-day challenge?
- Which platform performed better in terms of cost and conversions?
- What are the key takeaways from this dropshipping challenge?