How to Install TikTok Pixel on WordPress With Google Tag Manager (GTM)[Beginner] #Part-1
In this article, we will walk you through the process of setting up TikTok pixel on your WordPress website using Google Tag Manager (GTM).
Step 1: Connecting Your WordPress Website with Google Tag Manager
First, you need to make sure that your WordPress website is already connected with Google Tag Manager. You can easily check this by using the Google Tag Assistant Legacy extension in your Google Chrome web browser.
After installing the extension, you will be able to see your Tag Manager container and its code. Make sure that the code displayed matches the code for your website's Tag Manager container.
Step 2: Creating a TikTok Pixel
If you haven't created a TikTok pixel yet, you can do so in your TikTok Ad Manager. Simply go to the Assets section and click on "Setup Web Event". Give your pixel a name and choose the manual install option for the pixel code.
Copy the custom code provided for your pixel and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Setting Up the TikTok Pixel in Google Tag Manager
Now that you have your TikTok pixel code, you can set it up in Google Tag Manager.
- Open your Google Tag Manager container and click on "New Tag" to create a new tag.
- Choose a tag configuration option. The easiest way is to search for a template that already has the TikTok pixel code. Click on "Discover" and locate the TikTok template. Install it.
- Alternatively, you can choose the "Custom HTML" option and paste the TikTok pixel code directly into the tag configuration.
- Set up the trigger for the tag. Select "All Pages" as the trigger since the pixel code needs to be installed on all pages of your website.
- Give your tag a name, such as "TikTok Base Configuration", and save it.
Alternatively, you can choose to use the full TikTok pixel code by clicking on "View Base Code" in your TikTok pixel settings. Copy the code and create a new tag in Google Tag Manager using the "Custom HTML" option. Paste the code into the tag configuration and set the trigger to "All Pages".
Remember to publish your changes in Google Tag Manager after creating the tag.
Step 4: Verifying the Installation
To verify the installation of your TikTok pixel, you can use the Google Tag Manager Preview mode and the TikTok Pixel Helper 2.0 Chrome extension.
- Go to the workspace in Google Tag Manager and select "Preview".
- Enter your website URL in the provided field and click on "Continue".
- Your website will automatically open, and the Tag Manager container will start loading. If everything is set up correctly, you should see that the base configuration for the TikTok pixel has fired.
- You can also use the TikTok Pixel Helper 2.0 extension to check if the pixel events, such as page view, are coming through successfully.
If you encounter any issues or need assistance with installing the TikTok pixel or any other web analytics-related problems, you can reach out to me. I have five years of experience in web analytics and can guide you through the process.
- TikTok Pixel
- WordPress website
- Google Tag Manager
- Tag Manager container
- Pixel code
- TikTok Ad Manager
- Pixel installation
- Tag configuration
- Google Tag Assistant Legacy extension
- TikTok Pixel Helper 2.0 extension
- Web analytics
What is a TikTok pixel? A TikTok pixel is a piece of code that allows you to track and measure the effectiveness of your TikTok ad campaigns by collecting data on user behavior on your website.
Why should I use Google Tag Manager to install TikTok pixel? Using Google Tag Manager simplifies the process of managing various tracking codes and pixels on your website. It provides a centralized platform for easy implementation and control.
How do I check if my WordPress website is connected to Google Tag Manager? You can use the Google Tag Assistant Legacy extension in your Google Chrome web browser to check if your WordPress website is connected to Google Tag Manager. The extension will display the Tag Manager container code, which should match the code for your website's Tag Manager container.
Can I use a template for setting up the TikTok pixel in Google Tag Manager? Yes, Google Tag Manager offers pre-made templates that include the TikTok pixel code. You can search for the TikTok template in the Tag Manager interface and easily install it.
How do I verify if the TikTok pixel is installed correctly? You can use the Google Tag Manager Preview mode and the TikTok Pixel Helper 2.0 Chrome extension to verify if the TikTok pixel is installed correctly. The Preview mode allows you to see if the base configuration for the pixel fires, and the Pixel Helper extension shows if the pixel events, such as page view, are coming through successfully.