TIKTOK ALGORITHM UPDATE EXPLAINED FOR SEPTEMBER 2023 (How To Get Followers On TikTok in 2023)
The TikTok algorithm has recently undergone significant changes. If you fail to adapt to these changes, such as the frequency of posting, the type and format of content, or the length of your videos, you may experience a significant decrease in views and followers. You may have already started to witness these changes, but don't worry, as implementing the following recommendations can help you experience massive growth on the platform.
Best Lengths of Content
To optimize your TikTok content, you need to consider several factors, including the length of your videos. Currently, the best video lengths are as follows:
- Six to Seven Seconds: Short and concise videos can grab viewers' attention quickly, making them more likely to watch the whole video.
- 17 to 21 Seconds: Videos within this range provide enough time to deliver engaging content and capture viewers' interest.
- Over 60 Seconds: Contrary to previous recommendations, TikTok now values videos longer than 60 seconds. This change is part of TikTok's effort to monetize the platform by rewarding creators who create longer videos with higher payments. Creators with even a small following can now earn thousands or tens of thousands of dollars per month by producing longer videos. Therefore, it is crucial to develop skills in creating engaging longer-form content.
Effective Content Creation
Creating content that resonates with your audience is key to success on TikTok. Here are three steps to ensure your content captures viewers' attention in the first three seconds:
- Lead with a question: Begin your videos with a compelling question that intrigues your target audience. By doing so, you pique their curiosity and encourage them to watch your entire video.
- Contradictory statements: Open with a statement that challenges your audience's beliefs, making them curious to learn more. For example, as a fitness creator, you could say, "You don't have to do cardio to lose weight. Here's how."
- Visualize your content: Always ensure that your video includes visuals or clips that align with the topic or message you want to convey. If you discuss a house on Zillow, show the house on Zillow early in your video. Similarly, if you create content about Minecraft, make sure Minecraft is prominently featured within the first three seconds. By visually aligning your content, you avoid confusing viewers and ensure they understand what your video is about.
Leveraging TikTok Features
TikTok continuously introduces new features that creators can use to their advantage. The platform currently emphasizes the following:
- Stitch videos: Stitch videos allow you to leverage content from other creators, incorporating their videos into your own. By doing so, you tap into popular trends and formats on TikTok, increasing your visibility and potential for growth.
- Green screens: Green screens enable you to insert different backgrounds or images into your videos. Utilizing green screens provides opportunities for creativity and allows you to stand out from the crowd.
- Sludge content: Sludge content refers to videos that contain multiple elements, such as overlaying text, images, or videos. This format engages viewers by offering more than just your face speaking directly to the camera. By incorporating sludge content into your videos, you enhance their appeal and increase the likelihood of attracting and retaining viewers.
Following a Checklist
To maximize your TikTok growth, it's crucial to follow a checklist:
- Ensure your content is the optimal length mentioned earlier.
- Pay attention to the format that works best for your niche, incorporating features like stitches, green screens, or sludge content.
- Select topics that align with what people in your niche are currently interested in. Research videos on TikTok to determine trending topics and tailor your content around them.
Posting at the Right Time
Timing plays a crucial role in reaching your target audience on TikTok. Posting your content at the optimal times can significantly impact your visibility and engagement. Consider the best times to target your specific audience based on their online activity patterns.
Implementing these strategies and understanding the TikTok algorithm update will greatly increase your chances of gaining followers and growing your presence on the platform.
TikTok algorithm update, followers on TikTok, TikTok growth, content length, engaging content, TikTok features, stitching videos, green screens, sludge content, TikTok posting time, targeting audience.
Q: Why are longer videos now important on TikTok? A: TikTok's recent algorithm update aims to monetize the platform by rewarding creators who produce longer videos. Even small creators are making significant amounts of money by creating videos longer than 60 seconds.
Q: How can I capture viewers' attention in the first three seconds of a TikTok video? A: To grab viewers' attention, lead with a compelling question, present a contradictory statement, or show visuals that align with your content. These techniques entice viewers to continue watching your video.
Q: What are the essential features to leverage on TikTok? A: TikTok emphasizes stitching videos to incorporate content from other creators, green screens to add diverse backgrounds or images, and sludge content to engage viewers with multiple elements in your videos.
Q: How can I ensure my TikTok content aligns with trending topics? A: Before creating or posting content, search for the topic idea on TikTok to determine its popularity. If you find recent videos on the subject, take note of their format and hooks, and ensure your content aligns with those successful videos.
Q: How does the timing of posting affect TikTok engagement? A: Posting content at optimal times based on your audience's online activity patterns increases the chances of getting your content seen by the right people. Understanding your target audience's behavior can greatly enhance your TikTok growth.