TIKTOK BUSINESS VS. CREATOR ACCOUNT? WHICH IS BETTER?
Are you new to TikTok and unsure whether to create a TikTok Business Account or a Creator Account? In this article, we'll walk you through the pros and cons of each account type, helping you decide which one is right for you.
TikTok Business Account
A TikTok Business Account is ideal for brands and businesses looking to make a big splash on the platform. Here are the pros and cons of using a TikTok Business Account:
Access to Marketing Suite: With a Business Account, you gain access to the marketing suite, which provides valuable insights and analytics about your videos, including views, likes, and followers.
Ability to Go Live: Going live on TikTok can help you engage with your audience in real-time, allowing for interactive experiences and direct communication.
TikTok Ads: Just like Facebook ads several years ago, TikTok Ads can generate great results and offer a high return on investment. Using a Business Account gives you the opportunity to leverage these advertising features.
Creative Hub: The Creative Hub provides a valuable resource for accessing and viewing successful videos, tips, and tricks, helping you create engaging content that resonates with your target audience.
TikTok Shops: Businesses can create their own TikTok shops, allowing them to sell products directly on the platform, keeping users engaged without redirecting them to external websites.
Limited Access to Sounds: Business Accounts have limited access to the extensive TikTok sound library due to licensing restrictions. While you have access to about 1 million sounds, commercial music is restricted.
Unable to Duet or Stitch: Business Accounts cannot duet or stitch other users' videos if they use copyrighted sounds. This limitation can affect your ability to engage with trending content and participate in viral challenges.
TikTok Creator Account
A TikTok Creator Account is suitable for influencers and personal brand building. While Creator Accounts used to be known as Personal Accounts, they offer unique advantages. Let's explore the pros and cons:
Full Access to Sound Library: Creator Accounts have unrestricted access to the entire TikTok sound library, allowing you to leverage trending and viral sounds to create engaging content.
Duet and Stitch Features: With a Creator Account, you can duet and stitch other users' videos without limitations. This flexibility enables you to participate in trends and engage with other creators seamlessly.
Access to TikTok Analytics: Unlike other platforms that limit analytics access to business accounts, Creator Accounts allow you to access TikTok's backend and view your video views, likes, and followers. However, you need to post one public video before gaining access.
Video Promotion: Having a Creator Account gives you the option to promote your videos on TikTok, increasing your reach and boosting brand awareness among a larger audience.
TikTok Creator Fund: Once you reach 10,000 followers on TikTok, you become eligible for the TikTok Creator Fund. This program allows you to earn money based on your view count, with different countries offering varying revenue rates.
Link Limitations: Unlike Business Accounts, Creator Accounts cannot add a website link until you reach 1,000 followers. This limitation could hinder your ability to drive traffic to external websites.
Platform-Specific Management: While Business Accounts can be integrated with various social media management tools, Creator Accounts can only be natively managed on the TikTok platform. This limitation may affect your overall social media strategy.
TikTok, Business Account, Creator Account, Pros and Cons, Marketing Suite, Go Live, TikTok Ads, Creative Hub, TikTok Shops, Limited Access to Sounds, Duet, Stitch, Full Access to Sound Library, TikTok Analytics, Video Promotion, TikTok Creator Fund, Link Limitations, Platform-Specific Management.
- Which TikTok account is best for brands and businesses?
- A TikTok Business Account is ideal for brands and businesses looking to make a significant impact on the platform. It offers access to the marketing suite, analytics, and advertising features.
- Can I go live on TikTok with a Creator Account?
- Yes, you can go live on TikTok with both Business and Creator Accounts. Going live allows for real-time interaction and engagement with your audience.
- Can I earn money from TikTok with a Creator Account?
- Yes, once you reach 10,000 followers, you become eligible for the TikTok Creator Fund. This program allows you to earn money based on your view count.
- Can I use popular sounds and duet videos with a Business Account?
- Business Accounts have limited access to the TikTok sound library and cannot duet or stitch videos that use copyrighted sounds. This limitation may restrict your ability to engage with trending content.
- When can I add a website link to my Creator Account?
- You can add a website link to your Creator Account once you reach 1,000 followers. Until then, you won't have the option to include a link in your profile.
Remember, the right TikTok account type depends on your specific goals and requirements. Evaluate the pros and cons carefully to make an informed decision for your brand or personal account.